Sunday, December 21, 2008

Visitors from long ago

Back in 1979 and 1980 Ms M was my grade 6 and 7 teacher. I have always rememebred certain things about her, she was tall, had long hair. She was very calm and I remember feeling like she had saved me from a life of unreadable writing with a 'new' idea that she had one day to help me with cursive. I still write that way today. Also I remember some art projects that we did, some drama and some cool class trips.

Well a few months before coming to America Ms M found me on Friends Reunited Website. WE have been emailing since and recently she, her husband J and son P came to visit NYC, we met them in Times Square and I went to an Irish pub and had a drink with them. Then a couple of days later they came here to lunch which was fabulous of them. We had some fun remembering and chatting. The sad thing is that when we lived in QLD so did they, just down the road aparently and we never knew it.




No comments: