Then we went to a bar/restaurant on the Iland for lunch and a swim.
Waiting for the ferry.

On the ferry.


Snorkelling trip.



The view of the bar from the Pier.

On the Pier a fellow was selling huge starfish and huge shells. We avoided any discussion on the matter by explaining to the children that we were not allowed to take animal products into the US, or back to Australia, phew.


At the end of the pier in a small pen lives a shark. For a donation the fellow who takes care of the shark lets you get into the water and hold and pat the shark. It was pretty sad for the shark and I was dissapointed at the size of its pen, but still I took the children into the water for the chance to get this close to a shark. Of course it was a harmless variety.






We had a delicious lunch of grilled fish, noodles, and salad. Yum!

M swimming in the beautiful waters surrounding the Island. Because we were on a mainland side beach here it was very calm, like a warm salt water pool. Fabulous!


This is what the boys were doing whilst us girls were...

Having our hair braided.







1 comment:
Hi - WOW! That WAS a big catch-up. You sure had an amazing holiday. The kids must have learned so much and they'll remember that for years. I think the hair braiding looks very hip. I've never heard of the Toltec people before. I bet it was so special to be in the presence of that ancient site. And Central Pk looks beautiful with autumn colours. Great photos, Julia.
love from Cherill xox
Post a Comment