Sunday, December 21, 2008

skiing

We have been skiing a few times this month. The weather has until this weekend been without snow so we skiied on man made snow and easy slopes. This was of course perfect for our little learner family and we managed to have quite a lot of fun.

D and I decided to buy is all second hand equipment this season, about the cost of a season rental, but we won't have to rent again next season. We have planned to go to smuggs again in March - the week after we return from Oz, so we are trying to get a little practice in at Thunder Ridge.

The last few days has seen almost 18 inches dumped on some parts of our local ski area so I hope to take the children on Tuesday...we'll see how we go.


The children at the top of the beginer slope for the first of a few practice runs.


The beginer chair lift is a great one to start on because it is low and slow.



D and W.


D and M.


ME! - I am actually moving.


Boys whizzing down together.


J doing very well.


At at the end of every ski day, Hot Chocolate of course.

1 comment:

Josie said...

Now this is the upside to the snow! It looks like you guys are having a great time - I am very jealous! It almost makes me want to give it a go again! Can't quite do it now because it is way too hot here now but maybe next winter ...