Thursday, August 7, 2008

Museum of Natural History



This fellow is here to get your attention, isn't he just lovely, of course I am saying that from behind the safelty of the glass. I was impressed with this fellow, as were the children. He did not seem to attract that same admiration from all visitors, I'd hate to be around at feeding time, that might put me off a little.

We had a HOT but pleasant trip into the city with Popa to see two new exhibits at the American Museum of Natural History. The Subway stations and underpasses were so hot it was very unpleasant, add to that the fact that I got on the wrong train a we crossed the river to Queens and had to go back to the start again to get on the right train, I was about to give up and come home again...I'm glad I perservered becasue the dinosaurs were worth it in themselves. They are a permanent exhibit but we had not seen them before. We wanted to see the exhibit on The Horse - fabulous and the live Snakes and Lizards - also fabulous.

With Popa waiting for the train.


Children in the Snakes and Lizards exhibit.



The TRex was very impressive. I had never seen an entire TRex skeleton, I think the Dino museum in Canberra has a thigh bone replica. It was so big, somehting that you have to experience to believe. And that head!



We met up with our friends at the end of the day for an icecream and walk through central park.

No comments: