We all had a fabulous time. Our new tent worked out very well, our new sleeping bags kept us all toasty warm. We have left the tent behind for the week and will go back for three nights next weekend, we are already looking forward to it.
The facilities are rather basic, a tap for water (potable) and a porta potty! not quite my normal camping requirements, but it was so nice and the other families so lovely that it is all worth putting myself out a little for.
Some photos:

We were the first to arrive, we had lunch, set up camp and waited for the others to arrive. We had a blissfull couple of very quiet hours where I was able to read some of my new book. It is 'Water For Elephants' by Sara Gruen and it is proving to be fabulous.





We had a great game of soccer with lots of laughing and falling about. There were a couple of fellows who had obviously played once or twice, I suprised Jaymee by revealing that I had in fact been a member of the High School Girls Soccer team! We played at least 4 games and had as many training sessions...



We made some new friends and met up with some old ones.


We had fires, for cooking, fun and later at night for warmth. All of the children enjoyed this, they spent hours making sure the fires did not go out, they loved the cooking of food on the fire and some of them made 'bowls' with large chunks of wood which they burnt out the middle.


We hiked for a few hours thorugh the wonderful woods. It was perfect weather, cool in the shade. The walk was challenging for our little people and quite long for them but they all did a marvelous job and never complained once.


At Lake Canopus there is a beach, it is sandy and quite pleasant. The water was cold but very nice once I managed to get myself in. I was rather impressed with my self actually, I usually opt out of cold water.







1 comment:
As I sit here in my ugg boots, trackie dax, and with the heater full bore behind me, seeing you all in the water seems just a little bit crazy. I'm longing for the heat. I'm sure I'll be complaining about it once it gets here....
My mother was born in New York and her maiden name is Fahnestock. I wonder if there is a link. I'll have to ask her.
Seems like all is going quite well for you. I like your updates. WLC.
Post a Comment