Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Friend

My friend and I went on a picnic and it rained...ah, its a long story and sounds better with a glass of champagne. I met my friend 20 years ago, not as long as some, longer than others. We see each other now and again, she was there the day J was born, I took my mum to meet her baby daughter just a month before mum died. we have been reliving little tidbits over the past 3 weeks. Like the time that all the boys fired the 66mm rocket launcher with the blank rounds and MISSED the targets, but Ch and I hit. It was a cool thing hearing the little 'ping' when the projectile hit. Then we did it again with live rounds and that was even cooler...

Ok, so after lots of walks, strolls and quick jogs down memory lane we have come to the end of my dear friends US holiday. It has been so wonderful seeing her and her beautiful family (you will have to wait for another post for them because it is 10.35pm and I am about to go to bed). It is hard to believe it is all over, they have been the best guests and we are all going to miss them. It will be a quiet day in the house tomorrow.


No comments: