Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

I am almost off to bed. No plans, quiet night in, but thought I might send a Happy New Year blessing to you all. We did pick up a DVD today for $3.50 (Happily Never After - not prophetic I hope!) so for a special New Years Eve treat we all watched that, and chn are now in bed.

I hope that you have all had a wonderful New Years Celebration and that you have a healthy, happy, safe, prosperous, exciting and interesting 2008. I hope all of your wishes come true, that you all grow a year older and wiser, that you enjoy lots of peaceful times and live happy lives.

I think that we 5 have had an amazing year of interesting and exciting experiences. Given that 7 weeks before we arived here, D was getting out of the Army and we were looking to a long future of stability in Canberra, this is some what different to that alternate future. I am looking forward to all that we have planned for the next year, and all that will come along to suprise me. Already we have a number of things on the Calendar. D is off to Africa in a few days, for a couple of weeks. The children will be attending classes at a Home School Co-op (I will be helping out!), we have lots of theatre shows booked in, J will join a children's theatre group, I might make it to a coffee morning now and then and perhaps a few movies. T and J (and chn) are coming in September for two months, we are already couting down for that, and of course I am already looking forward to the warmer weather. J and L and baby T should be here in either Feb or April. And, need I remind you all, we have spare beds for a family of 7!!! so come on over, we would love to see you.

My wishes for 2008

I hope that we start to reduce the carbon in the atmosphere, that we all do a tiny bit more to make a difference to the health of our planet.

I hope that we see peace on earth, that we stop killing each other and that our soldiers, sailors and Airmen/women come home safe and well.

I hope that I can remember to put on my 'happiness bubble' when I leave the house and not let the rudeness, grumpiness, disinterested (staff in shops), arogant, selfish behaviour of those I rub sholders with get to me too much.

I hope that some of you choose to visit and we get to share this amazing place with you and break bread! Food is fast becoming my passion, I love to cook and love to eat and really do hope I get to share some with you soon.

I hope that we have a successful home school year, that it is the right decission and that we all thrive together.

I hope I make a new friend.

This year, I am going to be 40! I hope I have not passed the half way mark yet.

I hope that the sun shines tomorrow. (seriously!)

Love to you all,

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Chervil said...

Happy New Year to all of you, too! I hope that all your wishes come true.

Wendy Lloyd Curley said...

Another fantastic list. Don't hope for those things... do them. I really enjoy reading you blog. WLC.