We were able to see a few animals, the reptiles, monkeys and sea lions. We could have gone to a tiger talk but at 7pm we decided to call it a night and head home. Here is a virtual tour of our evening. I should point out that these first photos are taken about 5pm and it is already well and truely dark.
Our first stop was to check out these lovely fellows, they were having dinner and they all looked so calm. Ready for their nights work in a couple of weeks. For some reason I get quite excited when I see raindeer, almost like they are magical.

We all ahd a ride on the Bug Carosel. It was fun to ride with the chn, usually I am on the ground watching them have all the fun. Only problem was, it was a little hard on my bum!


It was so cute to see them all cuddling these huge furry creatures. Even M who has been a little loathed to get involved in such public displays of affection with oversized beings in the past.



We had to stand back a bit for this one, every now and then we would be showered with bits of ice and freezing water. The children were transfixed by this fellow carving a huge block of ice with a chainsaw. I wonder now if W will still want to be a glass blower when he grows up!


They had a really nice display of The Hungry Caterpillar, we all recited the story as we walked through. When we came out the other end I could not see W any where, I looked and looked but all I could see was this big butterfly, I think I was the last one who actually saw him! Then the other two wanted to get into the act too.



The children even got to toast marshmellow.

And then we made smores (marshmellow, graham crackers and a piece of chocolate, made into a sandwich)...and ate them...gooey and yummy even mummy and daddy had a try. W was very happy with this because he saw a movie where the chn made smores and he has been desparate to do it ever since.




No comments:
Post a Comment