It is our anniversary today,I thought I should mark it with a post. I can't actually remember all the things we have done on various anniversaries. Often we have been in the middle of moving so the day came and went without much notice. It is exctly a week before Christmas (as are many Military wedding anniversaries, or at least in the couple of weeks either side). Some one told me that rarely in the US do people get married at this time of year, well it is really busy with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanuka etc and it is Bloody freezing cold.
Our wedding day was 30 degres C, I sat in the walk in fridge at the Keswick Barracks Officers Mess because I was so hot, the AC did not quite make it down to our end of the dining room.
We went to Kangaroo Island for our Honey Moon (so had D's parents a few (well 30 0dd) years before for their's. It was cold and windy and you could tell we were not local, we were the only ones in shorts and jumpers!
We left Adelaide for Townsville a few days after Christmas, spent New Years in Melbourne with my cousin and his girlfriend (now wife) it was freezing and we spent it on the beach doing some South American tradition where you burn candles and throw white flowers into the surf, make a wish, if the flowers go out to sea the wish will come true. Ours floated back out again. I always wish for the same corny thing, that D and I will grow old together, now I wish always that my children will live to be really old and that nothing bad will happen to them in between now and then. I also wish I will live to be old enough that my passing will not hurt them too much, it is never a good time to loose a parent, even Nan who passed at 90 has been so terribly missed by us all. Bob left us way too early and that is still so hard to believe and live with and of course mum left over 5 1/2 years ago and that was a crime.
Our first anniversay we had dinner at Pinocios (SP) restaurant in Townsville, it was delicious, I had Morton Bay Bugs in Pernod sauce (I had a similar dish the very first time D took me our to dinner at Le Entreconte (a side street off of Hindley and now it is not even there any more)).
Tonight we have a baby sitter and we are going to the East Chester Gormet Fish Restaurant, we had dinner there a couple of months ago when Grandma was here and babysat for us. We are really looking forward to it. The children will have bangers and Mash, which they all love and get to watch walking with dinosaurs with the baby sitter.
It is cold, the ground everywhere is covered with ice, very difference than the Wedding Day and the first anniversary. I am looking forward to our 25th, it is silver, I like silver. And it is the only time I remember celebrating Mum and Dad's anniversary. I think we went to the Horseshoe Inn in McLaren VAle (is it there or old Noarlunga!!!) I think it actually burned down, my boyfriend at the time gave mum and dad some silver splades! God I need to get something else into my head, who remembers stuff like that? I am not sure I even remember his name nor would I recognise him if I bumped into him but I remember the gift.
Anniversaries to date:
1 Townsville - dinner
2 moved
3 London - Thai restaurant - YUM
4 Sydney - but what we did I don't know
5 moved - and we had Jiminny by then
6 Pt Lonsdale - moved just after
7 USA - ?
8 USA - packing for move?
9 - 12 Jerra -?
13 In USA for 10 days House hunting probably
14 - Today!!!
Ok, so are you totally over this post already. It was fun to write and to remember!
Happy anniversary to us....
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow J - what a memory! Even though we have been in the same city and in one of only two possible houses, there is no way I could recount all 15 of our anniversaries! Well done! And Happy Anniversary to you too!
Josie
Post a Comment