Sunday, January 6, 2008

Stuff we have been up to this week.

The week since New Year seems to have flown by, an indication of things to come this year. D spent two days in Washington DC at the Pentagon, a nice older local couple took him our for a yummy dinner and locally brewed beer which was nice.

I went to the movies and saw Sweeny Todd, I was prepared because I had read an interview that Johnny Depp had given where he humerously related the difficulty the film crew had sliding around in all the blood. It was a good movie, lots of the red stuff splashing about and I am not sure that my friends enjoyed it all that much.

I found some choc mint drink mix at Trader Joes and can, in a small way replicate the holiday special Pepermint, white choc mocha late (can't find the thingy that goes over the 3 to make late latay) that Starbucks is making at the moment. It is about to come off of the menu since it is past the holiday season and I am not sure if I can wait an entire year for it to appear again. Sad, really that I have been unable to resist the blatent consumerism, multi national, million dollar industry that is starbucks - I did nearly get through the entire year, but this particular drink did me in.

D is about to take a little trip to Afria, a number of countries on his agenda, none particularly nice for tourists at this time of year, if you get my meaning. He will be gone for a little over 2 weeks, such is life.

We made a final visit to the Holiday Train Show before it closes. Then made our way to the children's garden and the discovery centre where we learned about spices - ginger, cloves, cinamon, sugar and wheat and the plans that provide these things. The children made notebooks, spice sachets and cecorated ginger cookies (and promptly ate them of course).










We made scotch eggs and ate them too, even M consued the euqivilant of a whole egg, remarkable.







Lilly pulled tissues out from the box next to her cage and made herself a little home! (this was quite a funny site in the morning)





D and the boys made an Army Base, based on the one in the movie Castle in the Sky, which we watched together and which had W dreaming of the base he was going to make. Here it is...



No comments: