Sledding is so much fun, very fast for a few seconds, then a gentle slowing down. As long as you stay on your sled you are quite safe, of course falling off is a certain from time to time, and in the future we should remember our helmets and mummy will feel far less anxious about the whole experience. I got a couple of good bruises and created quite a spectacle at times, very entertaining for my children!!
















The alternative - during the middle of a school day when mummy has to shovel the drive way, is to create our own sledding 'hill' in the front yard. The children started by sliding down the mountain of snow we had piled alongside the driveway after the previous few snow falls and onto the drive - so I built them another hill where they could actually slide for about 10 meters. I spent a couple of hours shovelling steps, drive way and building the hill. All of the chn helped with the hill and it was quite fun in the end.












No comments:
Post a Comment