I just watched a great movie, Illusion, staring Kirk Douglas - 2004. Fantastic, hightly reccomend it, it will make you cry though.
We do try to watch alot of movies, some months more than others and many are pretty good. On Wednesday though, I watched one with 2 of my book club buddies and it was well, I'll try to be kind. Thai with subtitles, it was worth it just for Kate's Thai seafood soup which was sensational and for the really good laugh we had at the singing dentist "I usually sing about teeth and gums but this one is mostly love songs" and the gratuitous 'romantic' minute - hillarious. It was called Syndromes and a Century - do avoid it - or if you watch it fast forward to the dentist.
The other good one we saw recently was 'Capturing the Friendmans' - a documentary and suprisingly entertaining and thought provoking.
Ok, I am off to bed now, just trying to keep myself up and awake for as long as possible, D is in East Timor - have I mentioned that before, I am really bumbed that he is there and we are here, I think he is too! I have only had to shovel the driveway once since he has been gone, now I have probably jinxed myself, did you just feel the earth shift as all the snow turned to come and dump itself on my part of New York...poor me.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi Julia
just updated myself on what's been happening at your end! Looks like you had a lot of fun over Christmas. Will you be coming back to Oz in November or do you have other plans?
We have been sweltering through the third heatwave this summer, several days at 39 degrees C. Yuck. Luckily we had good rain late last year so the garden didn't die despite the heat. Otherwise all is well, will try to email you again soon.
Chervil
Post a Comment