Friday, January 1, 2010

A little about November

Ususally when I am not blogging excuses about why I have not blogged or witty little remarks about life I just blog about whatever photos I happened to have in my monthly folders. November sadly had a dirth of photos (36 in the entire month) and I know we did more than three things, the calendar indicates that we were very busy: Soccer, Chess, chemistry classes, Hall of Science Classes, Co-op, Play dates, a new car, Class at the Bruce Museum, New Vic Performance, Tenement Museum tour, Thanksgiving and D went to Uganda in the first week and Sierra Leone in the last week of the month. So without the photos, you'll have to take my word for it...here are a few anyway!

One of our Cranberry Lake classes was about spiders. The first one we loked at was in the Nature Lodge then we walked around the preserve, amazing what the chidlren can find when they are really looking.

J bravely stretches out her hand to take the spider...


M taking a close look at a branch and its resident spider...which is tiny!



The boys had their last couple of soccer sessions for the season. This last one with the coach and one more which was just a play with friends. On this particular day the weahter was lovely. chilly, but sunny and the tree in the park was beautiful. We won't be back to soccer now until April - we all miss it.






We went with some friends to the Turtle Back Zoo in New Jersey, it is a little Zoo and we only had an hour there but I was really impressed wiht some of the interesting animals that we saw for the first time.

Of course here are only photos pf my chidlren and their friends, animals...blah boring!








And....look who we found there, a long way from home.




Well, actually it has been many years since the export of Australian Native Animals was stopped so these fellows were probably born in the USA and perhaps are not too far from home afterall. Still it was exciting to see them in this little Zoo in New Jersey.

No comments: