This past co-op session I co-taught cooking and W was in my class, he really liked the pastry making and the chance to get his fingers (well arms up to his elbows) into the bowl and squish the butter into the flour.

I also taught an Art Appreciation class and although there are many more chn in the class I never feel totally comfortable posting photos of all the other children, so here are mine. The only female artist I covered was Georgia O'Keefe (just turned out that way - not on purpose) and here they are emulating her huge flower paintings, they all did a really good job and the pictures are on the wall now.



Our last Cranberry class for the season was on Map and Compass use. It was very fun, the children learned a little about usuing a compas, reading a map and then we all did a scavenger hunt using a bit of both. Navigation was my favourite thing in the ARES and I used to teach it. Much was lost during the child bearing and feeding years but some came crawling back from the recesses of my brain and I really enjoyed the class too.



J went to a class at the Lincoln Centre in NYC on Shakespeare so I took the boys to the Mujseum of Natural History for a couple of hours.





At the end of the day we stopped at Juniors in Grand Central and the children chose something yummy for the train ride home...Christmas Cupcakes and for m a 'Christmas' donut....any donut will do actually, I just made that bit up.



J had a Christmas Piano Recital. She amazed us again with her confidence and poise.




No comments:
Post a Comment