Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Electricity 101

This week we have been doing some electricity activities, first we created a simple circuit with a battery, some wires and a small LED. Then we added a Switch, then we created this really cool game with a buzzer and light and some extra wire.




Today we created batteries from potatos, apples and pot plants (or pots of moist soil) and copper and zinc strips - wires of course. We ran a small clock, lit a light and played a sound chip - very cool.

We have also been reading some Shakespeare (and a great book which tells the original stories that Shakespeare based some of his plays on) and watching some too. This book got me thinking about modern movies which are based on Shakespeare plays like 'She's the man' (12th Night) and '10 things I hate about you' (Taming of the Shrew). Tomorrow night we'll watch 'She's the man' we have seen and read 12th night and seen it live too, then next week I hope to tackle Taming of the Shrew and 10 thigns. I am crossing my fingers for a trip to London and a visit to The Globe Theatre and even maybe a trip to Statford-0n-Avon but perhaps I am asking a bit much.

We spent 3 mights watching almost 4 hours of Hamlet, it is not as 'heavy' as I thought it might be but certainly very long.

It rained again for two days straight, I will never get used to so much rain. No floods so far for us thank goodness but a few of my friends had wer basements. Today is cool and overcast, hoping madly for some nice sunny warm days sooner rather than later. oh, the sun just popped out now for a minute, must have heard me!

No comments: