Sunday, July 5, 2009

Soccer

I have started taking the boys to play soccer at the Cloisters, it is a park at the northern tip on Manattan, it takes about 30 minutes to get there which is not too bad so long as the traffic does not mess me up.

There is a great group of children from about 5 to 12 and the coach has them do some fitness and co-ordination training then some one on one, two on two etc till they split half and half and play a game for a few minutes. In total they run for 1 1/2 hours and LOVE it. The setting is nice too and I get to just sit in the shade and chat...what better way to spend a Tuesday afternoon. There is little cost, I don't have to buy equipment and special clothes and it is inclusive and fun (perhaps a little friendly competition).





No comments: