Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HMAS Ballarat Tour

On Monday afternoon the chn and I went into the city for a personalised tour of HMAS Ballarat. DM, who works with D and happens also to be in the Australian Navy and who also happens to have served on a ship like the Ballarat took us on a tour. The chn were pretty impressed with the BIG GUN on the front of the ship (oh, the BOW) and with going up and down steep stairs.

They also liked the wardroom and after comparing that to the soldiers cafe, decided they'd like to be officers.

The Gangplank...ooops I mean Gangway.



D explaining how the person sitting in the control box brings in the helecopter.


Chn in Helecopter control box.


W steering...managed to set of an alarm which neither D nor our uniformed escort could stop...oh dear.


M in the Navigators Chair.


J in the Captains Chair.


See I was thee...me and the chn with the Ballarat in the background.

No comments: