
This post should have been a week or so ago. We went to the Bodies Exhibit at the South street Seaport in NYC. It is on Southern end of Manhattan Island, on the water. It is a really nice spot in itself and I expect we will make a trip back again just to see the 'real live Pirate Ship!'.
The exhibit was interesting, fascinating and awesome. All three children got a little something out of it. I think W and J the most of course since M is just 5, but he was so good (apart from deciding 2 minutes in (whith our bag of snacks and water checked in the cloakroom outside) that he was dying of thirst and hunger). We could not take any photos inside so I bought the standard offering at the shop (you know how where ever you go these days there is someone taking photos of you to sell back with some corny background, this background was the best of a bad bunch). Grandma enjoyed it too, we were really glad that we went.
After Dropping Grandma at the UN for a tour with D around his place of employment the children and I found a play ground. I'll try to describe this. Oposite the UN main plaza is a set of steps (it is where I stood to take the photos) behind the steps is a residential area. It is a little odd, you start at street level, walk up a flight of steps and are at another street level! It is called Green Square, in the middle is a lovley little park, along side of the park is a playground. This is one of the reasons that New yorkers love Manhattan. It is mayhem only a few meters (and down the steps) to some of the busiest streets in the city, but here is an oaisis of calm, green and quiet. It was lovely and the playground reinvegerated both the children and I ready for the walk and train home.
The scariest thing that happened this day was that just outside of Grand Central on 42nd street we lost M. This actually happens quite often but every time it does, he is missing for a little longer than the last time and I get to the OMG he really is gone stage. I was completly hysterical, J and W were crying and Grandma was trying to keep it together, then a bunch of people started waving to me that he had been found. I am not sure how far up the street he got. I am a little concerned about how completely useles I became in a matter of seconds, but Grandma says that my hysterics probably spurned others to action and helped to find him (I think she is being kind). I really did think he was gone this time (I have had night mares about him being taken, right from under my nose and I can't stop it). I think this time it scared him too, so maybe he will stay with me in the furture - fingers crossed.







No comments:
Post a Comment