Thursday, November 22, 2007

4 Seasons

We have come almost full circle so I thought it would be timely to post some photos of the seasons since our arrival. It is amazing to me that we are here at all, that we have been here for almost a full year is a little scary - that our time is flying so quickily. A year a go I thought that 2 years would be enough but now that one is almost gone, I am thinking that perhaps a third would be good afterall.


The first snow, it was so beautiful and made the cold worth experiencing just to see this lovley sight in our own front yard. We had fun with the snow although shovelling was hard work.



This one is a ring in, just had to recall that fatefull stormy day when we flooded forth second time!


Srping, what a relief after the never ending double winter. It felt like we had moved again, when the leaves came out on the trees it was like a totally different place, beautiful and alive.




Summer time at last, I remember craving the sun and warmth in the weeks leading to the begining of summer and first warm days and then of loving the feel and smell of those glorious HOT summer days when they finally arrived of enjoying the pool, the green leaves and shade, humidity, long days and being outside.



And here we are in Autumn, almost 1 whole year since we arrived on a cool and overcast Friday 8th December. The air is different here, the atmosphere distictly different than home. Each day as I leave the house and breath it in I am reminded that I am far far from home.

2 comments:

Possum said...

I love these photos.
Such a difference in seasons.
Miss you guys HEAPS.
C. xxxxx

Wendy Lloyd Curley said...

Julia, thanks so much for sending the link to your blog. These seasonal photos are amazing! I don't miss shovelling snow. Even though Alan did 98% of the shovelling, it was a pain. Sydney isn't in full summer heat yet - it's been nice. Love your blog. Mine is at http://wendemail.blogspot.com/. From the Yank in Sydney, WLC.