Grid Iron - or - Mr Referee Move Those Chains, First Down ARMY!
On Saturday we joined a US Army friend at the Army Vs Tulsa Football game, had a great time. Froze half to death by the end of the game but it was so worth it. Unfortunately Army did not win, they played really well at times and then with less than 5 minutes to go and only 3 popints down they stopped Tulsa from moving forward their ten yards and had a chance to win (by making a touch down) and blew 4 plays in a row really badly, Tulsa then got another touch down and it was all over red rover. I was suprised at how quickly I picked up the rules and followed the game (I still have trouble with Rugby - still can't tell the difference between Union and League). Any way, one of the interesting things was the number of players on each team, Army had about 80! aparently they don't travel with them all but at home games they all suit up and get a play. Some I think may have been on the field for a few seconds, others minutes and a hand full were on for the majority of the game. We stayed and had dinner with our friends, they are very lovely people and very good to us. The boys played Army with the big boys and J spent her time with J (11) in her room doing girl stuff, they love it. It was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment