Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Camping

Our camping weekend was planned many months before we knew that D would be travelling to Africa at this time, since I had put so much effort into getting it organised for 10 families I decided that our chidlren and I would brave the weekend without him. It was not quite the weekend for me that I had initially hoped for but we all still had a nice time. Our children all have their jobs to do when we set up our campsite and they are a HUGE help to me. They all helped to set out the tarp and tent, W and I then did the pegs and ropes whilst J and M blew up the beds, J set up the inside of the tent and I set up the rest of the camp site. It was all over in less than an hour, some of the other families who had older chn and dads with them took longer than we did...what great kids I have.

All set up, with everyone doing their little jobs it all went very smoothly and quickly and then I opened my special treat - a Mike's hard Lemonade, yum.


W and the BBQ


W and M and a friend.


J saving the sausages.


Boys



The chn developed all sorts of games and entertained themselves for hours.



Some views of Pelton Pond on our Appalatian Trail Hike.



Having a little sit down about 3/4 of the way along the trail. At the end of the trail we had to walk back to the camp site. Oh, it was not the entire trail, it winds its way from Maine to South Carolina, we just did 2.4 miles of it but I tell you there could not be a more challenging sectio anywhere else, it was really steep.


W praying to the Fire God!!


W and the 'perfect marshmellow'

No comments: