Wednesday, January 28, 2009

President Obama

Well it is a great time to be in America...The land of the Brave and the Home of the Free...for the first time in a while (um, 8 years maybee) I am feeling Like I might agree with that sentiment. The people around me are full of hope and eager to begin work towards restoring the greatness that America can be. I am not sure how much Barrack Obama will be able to acheive of his lofty and glorious ideals, but if he gets half way, then the world will be a better place. I was reminded that almost 50%of the population did not vote for him...true but in 2000 over 50% of the population did not vote for GWB but he still becamce president and what a disaster that turned out to be. At least Obama's votes are on the right side of the 50%!!

It has also been a great month for learning a little about American History, January is the month of Martin Luther King's birthday the 15th which was celebrated on the 19th. And February is the month President's Lincoln and Washington's birthdays. So that means discusssion about the war of independence and the civil war, slavery and civil rights, which winds back into our discussion about Dr Martin Luther King Jr and the election of the first black president in America - OH, I just have to write a great BIG YEAH!!! I am so happy about it and well, I don't care who knows it.

We have been crazy busy...happens alot lately that I am so busy I don't get to my blog, so after this I am going to see if I can post a few things about what we have been doing...but right now I have to go and finish shovelling snow off of the drive way. I have been out for 3 hours today, two changes of clothes (rained though two ski jackets) and I reckon I can have it finished within another hour...Otherwise tonight the rain will freeze on it and tomorrow it may be clear, but it will be like trying to shovell 6 inch thick pieces of concrete.

Fingers crossed there is more from me today!

No comments: