Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Telephone

Two weeks ago a fellow crashed his van into the power pole at the end of the lane next door. We did not loose power, just the houses on the lane. However when the ConEd fellow fixed the power he broke the telephone cable and we had no Telephone, internet nor Television.

It turned out to be quite a problem to fix and we were without these means of communication for over three days, it was horrible. I felt like I lost a limb, without being able to communicate with D in Africa was the worse part and having to wait in for the repair person (was the second worse thing), because even though I knew it was the pole, well you know how the two parts of these big companies (i.e the call centre and the tech depot) do not talk to each other, so the call centre staff knew nothing about the pole damage and had to asume it was inside my house!!! and so it went on.

No comments: