She was completely silent, and very calm. She watched us and stopped for a few seconds then would move on. She was following the creek, I hope she is ok.
This is the path we followed, with me trying to get a decent photo, so we could actually tell what it is.
Almost...

I am following it into the next garen, trying to photograph it through the garden furniture.

bummer...

Ah, finally a clear shot, the deet is now crossing into the next yard and I managed to take this on the road/drive way.

One last shot before it moves out of sight again.

Now I am happy. Today we were just talking about the wild life in the garden, a rabit had just padded across the bridge and was tasting some of the plants on this side. We watched for a while, later we saw the chipmunks, always there are squirels, some times a pair of ducks stop for a few minutes in the creek. Between us I think we have seen 3 or 4 foxes and we see Red Cardinalls (birds) often too. A few months ago we found a racoon on the front step, I was a bit worried becasue it stayed around when we went out to see it. The funniest thing was, we were all at the bottom of the steps trying to stay away in case it got angry (rabies?!) So the Racoon climbs the steps to the front door...and ...the door is open, just a crack but what if it pushed against it. J raced through the garage (thank goodness it was open,) through the house and shut the door before we had a racoon inside...phew!




1 comment:
I miss squirrels. When we lived in Colodado, we taught our golden retreiver, Pro, to chase squirrels. He would sit under the pine tree in our backyard for hours waiting for the squirrels he chased to come back down. We could always get his attention back by throwing a tennis ball.
My parents are in Red Lodge, Montana right now and they commented (err - blogged) about the deer as well. A consistent theme.
Hope all is well - sounds so. Winter here. The warmest June in 17 years, so they say. Still cold to me. My house has no heater, so I rug up in jumpers and sweats with a scarf around my neck. Ugg boots of course. If the dogs will lie on my feet, I'm extra happy.
Have a great day! WLC.
Post a Comment