http://www.hersheypark.com
It was fabulous. I had pre purchased tickets through my friend at co-op (the same person that we bought the skiing package from in March) so we saved almost 50%. I thought I'd saved about $150- but actually saved about $70 (this is because I thought the price of $47 on my ticket was the price I had paid - it has been some weeks since I bought them - but that is the whole price and I paid $27- (only saved $5- on the boys tickets though) In any case it was a nice saving and certainly made the day even better value for money. In the next post I'll try to deal with the Chocolate Factory and the pool and then the Amish Commuity which was so worth the visit.




This is the first ride that the children braved, it was quite ok, went around really fast...spinning around really fast seemed to be the theme of the day.

Lots and lots of rides, in all I think we sampled about 25 rides, of course no where near all of them. All 5 of us experienced The Comet, the chidlren's first real Roller Coaster (we had been on one in Rug Rats world at Dream World, but it was nothing compared to The Comet). I sat with M, W and J sat together and D was in front of them, it was terrifying as only a Roller Coaster can be. You know you'll survive and you know that it is totally safe, BUT there is that moment as you rise out of your seat and pull against the seat belt when you wonder. Sitting with M meant I spent the entire ride saying, ooohh, eeeeh, isn't this great, wow, we are having fun, whilst I was secretly peeing my pants (metaphorically of course). He was not impressed, I failed to convince him that it was fun and he has no desire to attempt another roller coaster ever (we are all with him on that one). W said (about 5 minutes later when half way through his hot dog..."My legs are still shaking". Ah, that feeling of uncontrolled shaking muscles, pure fear, thats what it is all about.










They have the most amazing water park. There are four sections, one is made up of rides that will get you soaked. The second is a wave pool on the site of the original Hershy Park Swimming pool, it was there in the 1930's. The third is a small castle with slides, squirting bits, wading pool and is designed for younger children. The last one is a huge new area (opened last year) that has 4 large water slides, huge buckets that fill up and tip over every one, water cannons, dripping, spraying and squirting bits and pieces all over the place. The children had an awesome time, and I just loved watching them. They have an underdevoped sense of cold - well at least when in the water. Out of it they just wanted to get dry and changed, so we missed the soaking rides, but that was ok, still the day was proving to be fantastic.








They had these really cool ice creams, they were called Icecream Dots - the icecream of the furture (TM!!) They were tiny balls of ice cream, very yummy and easy to eat without melting all over your hand, face etc. I usually decline the ice cream experience, don't mind it but can do without the extra callories. I know that might sound odd, but I translate every 'extra' cal to time on the eliptical trainer, at the moment it takes me 30 minutes on the Beast to burn 600 cal. I ask myself "is it worth it". Well hell YEAH! in this case any way.


More Rides. After Ice Cream we headed for the sedate train ride, a little too slow for some of us though, so we launched into another round of spinning around rides, none quite like The Commet but unfortunately for mummy, one more fast spinning around ride did me in completely and I had to pike on the rest (apart from Dodgems which were SOOOOOO cool). D took the boys on one more spinng around high up in the air ride, unfortunately W could not ride alone so D had to go twice, lucky thing. That was the end of him though, together we sat out whilst the chn ran around us to as many rides as they could.












As we were making our way towards the exit, we saw a stand selling smores...on any other day, we'd walk straight by. It was after all 8.30 at night and we had not had dinner yet. But we were in the home of the Hershey bar, it had been an awesome day, so in order to finish off the weekend on a high note we bought the children Smores. I'll make you one one day, promise.




No comments:
Post a Comment