Thursday, June 12, 2008

Subby Girl

Subby went to sleep yesterday, she had a tumor in her face which had begun to block her nasal passages limiting her breathing, was changing the shape of her forehead and causing her a lot of pain. Dad had noticed she had been unwell for the last couple of weeks and had made three trips to the vet. I think the vet had a good idea what was going on by the last time and took Xrays and Blood just to make sure. He was able to confirm in the afternoon that she had a tumor and Dad made the right decision to let her go. She is burried at home, so well say our good byes next time we are there.

We bought subby from the RSPCA when we lived in Wattle Grove (Yagoona I think?). She was the tiniest of the puppies, the only blue healer cross on that day. She slept in the laundry for the first two weeks, then D felt a bit sad for her, he thought she might have a cold, from that time on, for years she slept on the bed. For a time, right in between us, she loved it.

When she grew bigger she had to sleep on the floor, usually on my side, partly under the bed, I had to be really careful when ever I got up in the night, so that I did not tread on her. When ever D was away for work she resumed her spot on his side of the bed. The night I went into labour with J, she was rather stoppy with me getting in and out of bed, she finally moved off to the couch!!

She did not like the post man, ever since D showed displeasure at the postie driving on his lawn, she would go crazy barking when ever he drove by. And, she did not like cats, she and Neddy from next door had a love hate relationship, he loved to tease her, she hated that, she loved to chase him and he hated that. I think he missed her though when she moved to Adelaide!! (just kidding)

Here are some photos I managed to find that remind me of out lovely girl, we have missed her alot being here, knowing she was happy with Dad was nice, we will miss her more now, we can't even see her on skype any more.


This is the most recent photo, just before we left OZ D replaced the decks, half way through the demmolishion she climbed up the staris and wondered where the floor had gone - how am I suposed to get inside now?



Joining in the dress up party for D's 21st/41st party.



Part of the family - in the Kitchen.



Lunch time with the Boys. Or as D would say - "here we are in the same square metre again"



Welcoming D home after 6 months in East Timor, she was so excited to see him. She was his baby, when J was born and I would feed her, subby would lay back in D's arms being his own tiny baby. When he came home she would jump up so high she could lick his face.





We were remembering how she would keep J's face clean when she was a baby, and how much more food there is on the floor when she is not arround.

1 comment:

Possum said...

I'm so so so so so sorry about Subby.
Really weird - but MissG and I were only just talking about Subby this last week.
You guys must be devastated.
Sending you guys heaps of love & virtual hugz.
*cry*
She was an awesome dog.
RIP Subby.
Poss. xxxxxxxxxx