Friday, March 28, 2008

Patch theatre company

We saw some folks from the Patch theatre company, perform some of Pamela Allens stories in Canberra a couple of years ago. We went to the New Victory tonight for a kids show, and it just happened to be the Patch Theatre Company. It was very good and funny, the children (and I) laughed alot.

The show was 'Pigs, Bears and Billy Goats Gruff' and they told the stories with songs, music and funny acting. I loved it when they said mum and mummy instead of mom and mommy. W's fave was when the fellow acting the part of the Big Bad Wolf said "little pig, little pig, let me in".

We met D outside the theater after the show and went to dinner at our favourite pizza spot on 42nd street. It is not really a flash place but since M started eating cheese pizza and now we can all get food in one place, it has been the prefered option for dinner after a New Vic show.

We have two more shows to go at the New Vic, I am already looking foward to their brochure for next season which should be coming out in the mail soon I expect. Great fun and excellent value for money and a great oportunity to take the children to live theatre.

1 comment:

Ananda said...

Hello Julia! I finally made it over :) your blog is wonderful - full of fun and memories! Hello to the kids for us! See you at co-op!
Ananda