Friday, March 7, 2008

Final day on the mountain.

Last day of skiing, we were on the lift by 10 to 9 again this morning and had the first trip down the mountain all to ourselves. The photo of D below shows how quiet it was. It is a lovely view from the top of the chair lift and the other photo is J, there was this little hut and inside a rope attahched to a bell, the children could ski through and ring the bell on their way. They all loved to do this and through out the day was the incessent tolling of the bell.







On our last night we went out for pizza, check out the size of the slice! just one each thanks. Then the resort put on a bit of a light show (the staff skiied down the slope with red torches (like flares) and then there were fire works, chn loved it.





We arrived home a little before 6pm tonight, almost exactly 6 hours after we had left Smugglers Notch. What a fantastic week, I can confindently say it was one of the, if not THE best holiday I have ever had. Certainly with the children, it was the best. It was wonderful being able to ski with them, they did so incredibly well and I am really proud of them all. From non skiers who were pretty scared on the first day, to being able to join us on a couple of different runs, albeit green ones (I could not have done anything more difficult) was very very cool. We are already planning to go again next year.

And, I have to add I am rather glad that my knees held up to a week of skiing, I was, and am pretty sore, I can't tell if my left (the bad one)knee is swollen, perhaps they both are a bit, they protest at climbing up and down stairs and gave a million warning twinges over the week, but since I only had one fall (after getting tangled up with J) I did not injure myself. Thank goodness.

No comments: