Friday, March 21, 2008

Co-op

After weeks of taking the camera to Co-op and bringing it home again sans photos, I remembered at the end of the last period on the last day!!

Here are W and J and their cooking class (there are usually only two adults but it was towards the end so some of us had joined the class to see what they were doing. There is also M painting his paper mache easter egg and some with his class mates. One of his friends told the teacher mum that he loved this paper machette stuff.

We all love Co-op it has been a great way to meet people and chat, the classes, run mostly by parents are very hands on and the children are never bored. Next week we start the Spring session. Normally there would be a break for a week but because the co-op was twice cancelled for weather and sickness we made an extra day.

Starting next week I'll be 'teaching' a class on Australia. I have three students which will be fun. They are I are really looking forward to it. We will try to look at as many topics as we can, there is so much and I wanted this to be an introduction, I am also not sure how much we will get through, or how much they already know. The fun part will be trying food...I have wheat bix, twisties and burger rings, minties and vegemite. I'll make vegemite sandwiches, lamingtons, fairy bread, sausage rolls, pavlova and on the day I am rostered for lunch for all I'll make Tuna Mornay - they have never heard of Mornay.

I am also going to be a guest chef with the cooking teacher for the 'Australia Day' cooking class. So I thought we might make a Pavlova and do the mornay on that day, I'll also take some stuff for these chn to try to. Might even make lamb meatballs!

I even have a boomerang but I can't throw one to safe my life, it will be interesting at least. I'd love some Aboriginal tapping sticks but they are too expensive to buy from here. We can do a dot painting though, and I think I can get a CD with Didgeridoo and Aboriginal music.

If any one has any ideas on stuff I can share with my class and the cooking chn, please let me know.







No comments: