Monday, June 29, 2009

11th Birthday

Yes, I am the mother of an 11 year old...shocking and at times scary. 11 means almost a teenager even though there is still another 2 years to go, it is so close now, the hormones and behaviours are already kicking in. Lucky for us we have a lovely girl who despite urges to the contrary is sweet to us and her brothers nearly all of the time. She is almost as tall as me now - still at least a year I think before she reaches my height, but she has not stopped growing over the last few years, a constant upward climb. She constantly impresses me with her compasion and thoughts of others, and her self confidence is to die for. Recently J played in her first piano recital, she was amazing. The songs rather simplistic but the fact that she sat at the piano in a room full of strangers and played at all is amazing to me, I would never have done that at 11.

Here are some photos of my first baby celebrating with her lovely friends and her little brothers.


Birthday morning - family gifts.




Friends and presents!







Games! The chn played a baloon bursting game, two teams that had to burst the oppositions baloons, it turned out the youngest two at the party were left and we had to call a draw.






CAKE! I made these thongs to match the theme!



1 comment:

Tracey_M said...

Wow 11 years old... the thong cake is fabulous!!