Saturday, September 15, 2007

New York City once again...hehehe!

Ok, here are photos of some of the things we have been up to recently, we had 4 trips into the city in as many days. It was tiring for us all particularly the children but they did really well.

A tiny view from the top of the bus of part of Central Park.

The General Assembly (all 192 members) of the United Nations meets here. They meet for two weeks and every country has 20 minutes speeking time to tell the rest of the world of its grievences.

The meeting room of the Trustee Council - now defunct, but was the group tasked with overseeing the de-colonisation of the world after WW2.

The Security Council of the United Nations



The WTC site. Now a huge construction site.

We went into the city to see Mama Mia, fantastic, we laughed, sang, danced it was so much fun.




This was too funny, I had to take a photo, police jump starting another police car. The funniest thing though, was when I looked at the photo on the computer I could see the occupant of the car smiling for the camera!


These are some photos taken from the top of the couble decker bus tour of New York City. It was a beautiful day and the tour guides were very entertaining and informative.





W sitting in the tour guides seat! I think she thought he was pretty cute.


I guess I don't really have to explain this photo!! It is taken from the ferry boat, It is quite impressive, we were too late to get passes to visit the statue, so next time I have to be better organised.


Ellis Island, the entry point to the USA for thousands of imigrants, up to 10,000 a day at the begining of the 20th Century.


Outside the UN building



We took a quick trip into the city to show Dad and F hwo to go about getting through Grand Central so they could do it by themsleves the following day (they went to Niagara Falls on a bus tour) and we stopped at the Zoo for a while.

What a way to amke a living, one of the tackier things in NYC!



This is a Cool photo


The Children's Zoo




This is the statue of the dog Balto (there is a kids animated video about this dog) who lead a pack of sled dogs through alaska to a remote town to take medication for an epidmeic and it saved all the children in the town - back in 1930 something. We saw the movie last year and were excited when at the end it showed the statue and said it was in Central park, this time we found it.


No comments: