Sunday, March 18, 2007

Shovelling Snow


Almost finished, I did about a third of this, though the bit that he did was twice as deep as the rest becasue of the snow from the plow.

Day two efforts - now I can get to the garbage bins.

The final result...

It really was me.



I have discovered the best excersise ever...Shovelling snow. Every single muscle in my body is sore, I am exhausted and the saddest thing is that I moved hardly any snow at all. It would have been so much easier and almost fun if the blinky Ice had stayed away. Snow is light and easy to move, Ice is bloody horrible. In fact it reminded me of the road base D used on the road way in our backyard, I had a sore elbow for months after I had helped him with that stuff. I had to shovel yesterday or we would not have got out of the driveway, then today I had to do more so that I could get to the garbage bins. I don't think that the sanitation fellow will come down the driveway though, so I might have to drag the bins out tonight - oh poor me!! And I think the posty will not drive down the driveway either, so I might not get any mail for a couple of days, until it melts a bit. I had to try about 6 times to get the car to the end of the drive so that I could then back out onto the road and reverse back in again, the 4WD works considerably better in a forward direction of course so getting out was a challenge. I left the children in the house, I figured if I totalled the car, or drove it into the creek it was best that I did that without the children in the car with me. I am happy to say that the only thing to go into the creek were the lumps of Ice I threw in today, just to show them I was the boss.

I had Jaymee take some photos of me shovelling just as proof and I took a couple of the little Mexican rip off fellow who charged me $50- bucks to shovell a few metres at the end of the drive. I did about a third of the total space and my friends who took me to the play last night told me I was ripped off, great I say, but to be honest I was rather desparate since I really had to get out of the driveway yesterday and did not have too many options. He was peddling past on his bike when I started to dig and I am sure he said $15-00 but then he said that he really said $50- I think that was because I slipped up and said that we had just arrived and that it was our first winter. I stopped short of telling him my husband was in Africa in case he came back and robbed the house!!! At this point I should also point out that "They don't get snow in Africa" - there might be a song in that.

End of post - I truely am shattered - but might do another post about the play and times square. Oh, and the photos are for those who are enjoying the photos of snow adn want to have a laugh at me shovelling. Enjoy!

No comments: