Sunday, February 25, 2007

New York City 2








When JLT were visiting we took the children into NYC and did lots of walking. We took in the view from the "Top of the Rock", the Rockerfellar centre, rode in a carriage pulled by a horse, visited the Zoo and did some more walking.

The carriage ride was suprisingly fun, short but fun. They are only allowed to take 4 people, and 2 children = 1 adult, J gave up his spot so that I could ride with L and my angels. The children loved it, we saw the ice skating rink that appeared in the film Sincronisity, so now I need to see the film.

An aside...
I saw the film Music and Lyrics with The Club (the new resident's club that I have joined - did I already mention that, from now on it will be known only as The Club), in the movie Hugh's character (Alex the very cool 80's 'pop' star) says that the place on Long Island where he is performing live is the biggest outdoor amusement Park after Rye, Playland....I have BEEN to Rye Playland. That was an exciting moment for me, that Hugh Grant and I both know about Rye Playland.

Back to Central Park;

The Zoo was fun too, it is not very big, but that was not so suprising really since it is in the middle of NYC. There are some very cool seals, the were sticking about half of their bodies above the water and checking out all of the people looking at them. There were not many people since it is winter and I don't think many New Yorkers hang about here for winter break, apart from those who are woking, and then they obviously don't go to the zoo.

The sign (and the map) said Polar Bears, we were psyched for Polar Bears but they were hiding. The rain forrest was pretty cool, actually very warm, with lots of birds and a tiny Mouse Dear from Malaysia. There was the required Python exhibit of course and some snow monkeys. There was also a Red Panda exhibit, the one at Canberra Zoo is always at the top of the tallest tree sleeping. It was great to see this one on the ground, it even made a cute little sqeeking sound. The turtle pond was frozen so I hope the turtles had been previously taken to an alternate home for the winter.

J xxx

No comments: