Firstly I have to admit to leaving the memory card for the camera in the computer after the snow day photos, then I have to also add that I left the camera bag with the spare memory card at home, so I have no photos to show you of our lovely boy breaking wood at Karate tonight.
Despite this I need to tell you how proud we are of him. He had to wait quite a long time for his chance to 'break wood', Shihan had some of the upper belts demonstrate, then some of the younger ones, then he mixed them all up. Sensei A broke three pieces at once with an elbow punch. Two of the little (6YO) brown belts broke 4 peieces (with spacing), it was so cool.
W broke some with a palm heel punch, elbow punch, hammer punch and a jumping side kick, he was awesome. He knew exactly what he wanted to do and the techniques he wanted to try. Fantastic job!
(I really hope that one of the other mum's got a good photo, if so I will add it as soon as I get it).
School holidays started tonight, it is the Winter Break and we have a week at home. J and L and baby T arrive from London tomorrow afternoon. D is taking the oldest two into the airport with him and M will be at a birthday party. I am having my first haircut in the USA, I have taken the recommendation of a brit who has been here for nearly 5 years and has been using the same place for almost all of that time, so we will see how it turns out. I expect it will be outrageously expensive, but I don't have a choice really!
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Please give that handsome boy W a big high-5 for me!!!!
Awesome - the girls think he's pretty tough now!!! LOL
And a week of holidays for you all.
Hope you have fun with all the snow - and with your visitors - very exciting stuff.
Thinking of you all.
Hugs and kisses,
From the K's.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment