He had a lovely day and enjoyed being with his friends. We spent most of the party outside which was very nice. We managed to ahve shade on some part of the front yard pretty much the whole time. I introduced my Japanese (and Brit) friends to Yellowglen Pink, last time they were here we had Yellow! and of course they loved it.
I also introduced every one to Cheezels all the way from the Adelaide Hills courtesy of my wonderful Sister In Law - but an expensive way to enjoy them I must say. I made sausage rolls and fairy bread, so had a rather Aussie bash I must say. The sausage Rolls were a hit and the Japanese and American ladies all went away armed with the recipie and promise to make them soon. I was thinking it kind of funny that although we serve them at home at parties we probaly would not admit to too many people if we fed thm to our children on a regular basis, and yet here they were being demolished (all 85 of them!! - ok they were pretty small).
On Sunday it was Fathers Day here - I told D on saturday night that I was as prepared for Fathers Day as he was for Mothers Day, so we may just celebrate in September with the Aussies. We did take the children to see Shrek Three in the afternoon and just happened to be at the same session that M's buddy S and his little brother (also) S were going to with their dad, so the boys were happy to see eacher other and sit together. We all really like Shrek, I would be happy with how ever many they decide to make, I know that the critics have been harsh, but perhaps the critics do not have three children, who love it and talk about it for weeks afterwards - nor do they have a spouse who can do a mean Shrek impersonation!!
This week the children are on half days and just at school for one hour on Friday, they have both been invited to Birthday parties on Friday which will be fun for them. Of course this means I have another two presents to purchase!! I am so looking forward to next week, even more so than the children are I think.
Here are the photos from M's party.













1 comment:
Hello,
Say Happy Birthday to M for me!
Hope everything is OK in America!
MissG
Post a Comment