




.jpg)
Today is J's 9th birthday. Incredibly the memory of her in my tummy is still so clear that it is only when I look at her and her brothers (and recal the 6 houses we have lived in since her birth) that I am aware that 9 years has passed. I make quite a deal of the children's birthdays. To me it is not only a celebration of them but of me being a mummy too.
This year we had a Spooky theme. The party was hosted by Unlce Fester and Aunt Morticia (Gomez was busy - well really, the last time I was Morticia, in 1992, D still had enough hair to be Gomez). No pictures, but we will revisit the theme in a couple of weeks and will make sure to get a photo of the 5 of us then!
J was a "Goth Spider Princess", W a Ghost and M a "Robber", actually he was dressed as a prisoner but in his mind he was a robber and I guess the prisoner was probably a robber before he went to prison.
I was a little dissapointed that 3 of the people who RSVP'd yes did not turn up and one we did not hear from at all. There were two no's and 5 children came in the end. I had only invited 11, so with almost 1/2 just not turning up, it was a shame. J says she had a great time and it was one of the best birthday's ever, so I am happy that she had a nice birthday.
I was unsure about birthday games, but did a few of the old faithfull Aussie games. Pass the Parcell, treaure hunt, musical chairs - but we used cusions. They played danced and ate. We had a bat shaped cake (which I made all by my self), Jelly with worms, cheetos (a teeny bit like twisties), fairy bread - which no one ate (I am mildly devestated by this), and Pizza. I mistakenly bought one with whole meal crust, so lucky there were not the extra children here or some would have got wholemeal and probably not enjoyed that fact. D and I ate some, it is not too bad but very obvioulsy not white!
It is a glorious day today, the fellow came to mow the lawn this morning and was finished before the treasure hunt. We offered to purchase our own mower and do it ourselves, but the LL has insisted on paying a gardener. Who am I to complain? Except I probably would have mowed 3 days ago if it was up to me.
The Wall to keep out the water is progressing, although the conctete is not here yet 2:10pm, so we will see if it is infact poured today. I must take some photos of the proceedings to share.
Best go now, I am sure there is something I should be doing, although I am trying to avoid it and find something to do outside.


No comments:
Post a Comment