Friday, April 6, 2007

Niagara


I could not resist taking photos of the road signs along the way, our first road trip in the USA.


These are the Canadian Falls, also called horseshoe falls, they are going backwards every year due to errosion.


These are the American Falls, they get shorter every year, with the build up of rocks below.





A highlight so far has been the hotel pool, indoor and heated, the children are delighted. Their last swim was at swimming lessons on the 7th December.





Hello!

I write this post from the hotel in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada. We are fortunate that the children's spring break has coincided with recorded low temperatures here in Niagara and we have been priveledged to see the falls with snow on the ground (just a mild amount of sarcasm here). We were even covered with freezing mist from the falls. Oh, joy!

The up side of all of this is that we are actually having a really nice time, whilst it is a little cold (we were prepared and brang gloves, hats and coats) but not crowded - always a plus at these destinations. The falls are magnificent, everything you would expect them to be. I had no idea there wer two falls, having never researched them believing that I would never be lucky enough to visit. So imagine my suprise last week when I checked the website to see that there were two, that the Canadian side is superior and that we could be here in less that 8 hours (driving).

It snowed off and on during the drive which was entertaining. It was freezing cold when we stopped for fuel and suplies! Otherwise the drive was uneventful. D changed the voice of our GPS from American female to British Male, so we had to give him a new name - I chose Cosmos (the girl is Stella).

We are about to head out for an Indian meal, it will be fun (not) to see if M will actually eat anything and if the butter chicken A. will be on the menu and B. will be mild enough for the other two.

No comments: