









Dear friends, forgive me for I have sinned, it is 10 days since my last blog entry.
Ok, seriously there has not been much of significance to report so I am just going to update you on what we have been up to the last 10 days and add some photos.
I was going to do a blog about Mercedes and BMW's but I will just say: Last Friday when I was sitting in Starbucks in Rye waiting for my car to have its oil change I notices that there were lots of Mercedes and BMW's passing the intersection outside the window. So, as you all would do I am sure, I started a Tally which I have since missplaced (so why do I persist with this story?). Any way, my research determined that there are lots of each of these vehicles on the road, foreign cars out number American cars and Japanese are pretty high on the list too. There were only three Jaguar's spotted all day!!! I will leave you to make your own conclusions about that.
So back to what we have been up to. We have almost completed the flood recovery. Our land lorts has to fix the auto garage door because it has a sensor which stops it from closing if there is anything in the way. It has been water damaged and now does not close unless you are holding down the button inside the garage. This is not helpful when one is already in the car.
D and I went into town last Friday night (more correctly I buzzed around the house like a mad women from 3pm to 5:50pm trying to get myself ready to go, get a feed for the children and the baby sitter, and all this includes a wash in the sink with water boiled in my pasta pot (as well as hair wash) because until late on Friday night we did not have hot water. I realise that there are many people in the world who struggle to get clean water let alone running water but when one is used to showering, one does feel a little hard done by when one has to boil water for a bath!
We visited some people who live in an appartment across the road from the UN building which would be so handy for D an dwork. BUT! I still can only imagine the havoc our children would create in a 5 room apartment in Manhatan, so it is to the susburbs we returned.
We took the children back to the nature centre on Sunday, it was sunny and warm and nice to be there without layers of clothesand coats. We met Lemon, a Burmese Python and learned that some 'old world' snakes (mostly those from Africa) have two residule legs jsut infront of their bum and tail...learn something every time.
We currently have visitors from Louisiana, Aussies who will also be in Washington DC next week for Army Week. We are only going for the social functions since we have to pay our own way and felt that the rtes would be just too boring...We hope to do a Smithsonian when we are there.
Now I'll add the photos and get back to my guests.


No comments:
Post a Comment