Sunday, September 13, 2009

Playland

We spent a day at Rye Playland with our friends, it was a beautiful sunny day. It is a really old park and some of the rides are still the original. Unlike the modern theme park rides with are very smooth (but still freaky) these were the old clunky rides we all used to do at the Royal Adelaide Show. They even had a 'gravitron' though they call it Space Ship 2000 (where you lean against the wall, it spins you so fast you are pushed upward) and a 'mad mouse' though it to has a different name - crazy mouse. My children are becoming quite fearless and don't seem to be effected by the motion sickness that I experience on these rides. I had to do some of them twice so that I could be with each of my boys becasue they were too short to go alone, that was a tricky thing for mummy....I managed to keep everything inside me though :-).







This is one ride that they could do by them selves, so they did....over and over and over, about 8 times I think. I don't know how they did it. By the end they were in the back row and J was only holding on with one hand....crazt stuff.





And finally the thing they had been waiting for all day....Fairy Floss AKA Cotton Candy. It really was very yummy, but not all could be consumed. It was soooooo big.


No comments: