Feb Australia
March Skiing Vermont
May Camping Croton Point
June Herkimer Diamond Mine
Williamsburg and North Carolina
July Gettysburg
Orlando
August Ottawa
Camping Fahnestock
Hershey
September (still to come - Bahamas)
So, when I told Dad were were going away for the Weekend he thought he was hearing a recording of me saying that some other time.
It has been good, we have caught up with friends; Pretty much covered our geology, geography and americn history component of our learning plan and had lots of fun. It has been tiring too and we are feeling like we have had enough. We have a long weekend coming up and we are looking forward to spending most of it at home, perhaps catching up with some friends.
So, this year I organised the home school group tickets for Hershey Park which meant I got us all free tickets. We used some of our star points at Sheraton for a free hotel room and off we went. Unfortunately the traffic and weathr conspired against us and added over an hour to our travel time, and I forgot our bathers so we had to stop at a mall on the way to buy some...another half an hour lost.
The weather yesterday whilst we were at Hershy Park was not great, though the clouds meant we did not even need sunscreen. I would have liked it to be a few degrees warmer. Our special treat for the day were some large milk chocolate covered pretzels, YUM!
M likes to have a look at the map and work out where he is, where he is going and how to get there. Must be the military gene from Daddy. Of course it could be the control freak gene from Mummy!

The monorail ride, lovely and calm. Nice to rest a while and see the park without the threat of a lost meam from spinning around really fast.


We did loads of rides and for the most part did not have to wait for them. The dodgem cars had a bit of a wait and so did the trailblazer but other wise the threat of rain had kept the crowds away. The time it rained we were in watching an acrobatic show and only got a bit of drizzle afterwards on our way to the car.
Of course the cooler and overcast day meant we were pretty cold after an hour in the water park and J was really dissapointed when we did not wait to do the roller soaker (a roller coaster where you can dump water on people below and they can squirt you back), but our lips were turning blue.
Some rides.
The Frog Hopper which is for little chn normally is a big hit with our chn becuase of the sudden drops.

The ride that J had been talking about for weeks. The Scrambler was the first one we did.

I have to put this photo in becasue this is how I felt, exactly as the picture showed. My children all went back onto the end of the line for a second ride, but I jsut watched the second time.


No comments:
Post a Comment