Sunday, September 21, 2008

News paper article


We are famous here in Scarsdale, as practically the only family who home school here, so when the local paper wanted to do a piece on home schooling and needed a local family to interview the newsletter co-ordinator (to which I subscribe) recommended me. I spent about an hour all up on the phone with the reporter and then with a photographer and the result was an interesting article that at least one local person and one other home schooler has seen. I guess loads of people actually saw it but none of them know us. It is a balanced piece and presents law and policy issues as well. Maybe I might retype it one day, but nor likely as it was quite long, I'll bring it home with me and you can read it one day if you like. This photo is in our kitchen which is where we sit now on the occaisions we actually sit down to do 'work'.

1 comment:

ch said...

How cool! You are famous
(again) ;-) The kids will love that in their scrapbook. What a great opportunity to make people aware of the alternatives to traditional schooling. I wonder what was behind the paper wanting to cover a topic that they know is so rare in Scarsdale. You have to applaud them for that.

You know, when I first opened your entry I saw the heading and the photo and I read "Saved from the hell" and for a moment I gasped and thought something awful must have happened.

ch