There are loads of photos below that kind of tell the story, so I will let you check them out. As way of a little explanation. This time there were a number of hands on displays manned by museum 'interns' I guess they are called. The children were able to try out a number of different things and learned stuff about African tools and instruments, Birds of Prey, floatation, light refraction and UV light and thermal imaging.
They had a great day and were totally worn out at bed time.

M and the hand piano.

J with a scale model of a water wheel.

W and 'hand piano'

W with his ultra violet light sensative beads, they are cool, stay white inside and change colour in the sun, or under UV light.

The Children looking at them seleves as a thermal image on the TV screen.

Here are J and I as thermal images. White is hot blue is cold.

Here is M with his mate S, toghether on Saturn they weigh over 1000 pounds, I don't think I'll be heading there in a Hurry.

I am off to Mars then! I have not weighed so little since high school, perhaps not even then. OH, the really exciting thing is that this is in POUNDS!!! oh yeah.

Here are all of the chn (including our friends S and S) standing with a model of the MOON!!

These goggles make the world look upside down, the chn had to look up in order to see down, J is trying to write her name, she did really well.

W trying to write his name whilst seeing everythinh upside down. He did a great job, then drew a flower.

At this stand the children added weight to plastic eggs and alfoil boats to see how much they needed to float or sink.

J has the Bald Eagle Skull in her hand.

M with a replica Bald Eagle foot.

W with the replica Bald Eagle Foot.

The Elephants were fabulous, you can see them step right off the display, there were about 6 of them and one little baby, so cool.


These tusks were aparently found attached to the Skull in 1920 something, they are amazing - the other one is on the other side of the door way.

I love the way they have done their Exhibits, they all look very real. I wondered alot though, about how the bodies of these animals found their way here, particularly the exhibit of the Skunk and her 5 babies!!

This is the "Australia Exhibit", whilst you see a Kangaroo and Joey in the 'Hall of Diversity', this (as far as I can tell) is the only exhibit specifically for Australia, we were a little excitied about this one!!

These are feather head dress which looked so amazing, I was very impressed.


This is a skeleton on a Dodo, I thought that was pretty cool.

A rest stop by the lake in Central Park.


No comments:
Post a Comment