A wonderful thing happend tonight - though D was not here to witness it I will be joyfully sharing it with him when he finally makes his way home (conference call at 6.30 tonight, so I'll be happy if he is home by 9pm).
I made my own unique version of Lamb Souvlaki, served it with couscous - lightly seasoned - and Naan Bread (mixing my nationalities nicely I thought) and yogurt garlic sauce plus some broccoli. Every plate was EMPTY....with no force feeding of any one.
I am not one of those people who has ever said 'I am not cooking two meals' because quite frankly I don't want to eat mac and cheese, or chicken strips even though I make both of these delectable dishes from scratch, every night!!. Simply I like to eat curries,pesto with my pasta, bean and vegetable caserole, stir fry with 8 different veggies and chili and little palets just like that sort of food. Well the little palets in my house don't. I can tell you now if you and your child have always been happy eating the same food you are very lucky, I don't know any one yet who has not been through a tricky eating stage with at least one of their children, so if it is you....relish in that and brag to all you see because we are all jelous.
So, it is very exciting to be able to serve something with quite strong flavour and weird combinations and have happy little vegimites finish it all off.
It is cold here, leaves are changing and falling and I am not happy about it. Not much I can do but I have been in denial, finally the foot hight drifts of leaves along the road side, the rainbow of autum colours asulting my eyes and the cold wind has brought me back to reality...boo hoo poor me.
We are getting ready for Halloween, some decorations are up, others are ordered and on their way and the rest, well I am sure they are in a box somewhere. We are having a small party here on the 30th then will be trick or treating on the 31st.
Fingers crossed for D that the outcome ofthe teleconference tonight will see him confirmed for a trip to East Timor. I would of course rather he was staying here with us, but one of the things he loves about this job is the travel and there has not been much of that so far this year. He won't make it home on this trip, but at least he will be in the same hemisphere for a couple of weeks - and will have the jet lag to prove it when he gets home.
All is well here, W has a little cold, M seems to be a bit sniffly today, D has just got over a cold and I don't have time to be unwell, so it just won't happen. Nothing will come near me after all the garlic I have eated tonight....poor D when he walks in tonight the house will nop doubt be rather smelly.
We have just finished the 6th Harry Potter and today I purchased the 7th. We were all alittle upset at the ending of the last one, though not really unexpected still an upsetting end. We NEED to read the last one now so that we can have some closure and also so that Harry can vanquish evil at last (well I am asuming he does, it will be a mean trick to have old Tom win in the end).
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment