Well, here we are in Sunny Adelaide, arrived safe and sound and only 15 minutes late which is quite remarkable. Although we have only done the trip from the US to Adelaide twice both times we missed the connection in Sydney and we expected to this time. We made it, but our baggage did not. Most of it was delivered on Thursday night and the last piece on Friday night, so all ended well thank goodness.
We skiied on Monday in NY, it snowed all day on Tuesday which delayed our departure by 2 1/2 hours. It was the first time that I have been on a plane that had to be de-iced prior to take off. Luckily we were on a Qantas flight which was going all the way to Sydney so despite our late departure from NY the connection in LA was not effected. It was 40 celcius here on Friday (we lost Wednesday and arrived on Thursday) and we spent most of the day at Burnside pool, which was lovley.
Yesterday T and J hosted many of our extended family and some of our friends to an open house. It was so good to see everyone and their children, my how some of them have grown. There was one fellow who's 3rd birthday I remember going to recently - he is 18 now...scary.
Today we are heading to my Dad's for a late Christmas celebration with him, F and her family...we'll be meeting them all for the first time which is exciting. I think some of Dad's old friends might be there too which will be nice.
The cool change came through late yesterday and dropped the temperature from 38 to 18 celcius by bed time which was very nice. I went for a run this morning and it was a little chilly to start but I was able to run the whole time because I could actually breath which was a nice change from the last two mornings. No BEAST here, so I am taking advantage of other adults to leave my children with and I am getting outside for my exercise. It is so nice to be able to run again without a resulting swollen and painfull knee (or knees at times). It has been years and I missed it, I might try to get back into it a little when the snow clears in NY.
I'll try to get some photos loaded later....
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Have a fabulous visit! Welcome home. If you're in Sydney, I'd love to have a coffee with you one mornign or afternoon. WLC.
Have a fabulous visit! Welcome home. If you're in Sydney, I'd love to have a coffee with you one mornign or afternoon. WLC.
Hi Wendy, Unfortunately apart from Sydney airport on the way in and out we won't be in Sydney. Managaing to do Adelaide and Jerra but that is all....still we'll be catching up with about 100 people, so I guess not oo bad an effort. Thanks for asking though, it would be good to see you.
Jxxx
Post a Comment